Today the removed the asbestos that the old window frames contained. Asbestos was in the past often used in building because of its sound absorption, its resistance to fire, heat, electrical and chemical damage. But nowadays we know that the prolonged inhalation of asbestos fibers can cause serious illnesses including malignant lung cancer.
So I expected men in those white protection suits to remove that asbestos from the window frames. Well no (and that was kinda a small disappointment). I was explained that only the fibers of asbestos were dangerous and as long you do no damage to the structure of the asbestos (like sawing or drilling) there is no problem at all. So they simple removed the asbestos boards, packed them in plastic and that was all…
Then a phone call of Tom came in. He just remembered that there was another electric wire that maybe needed to be removed. He was right, so the wire is no also removed.
Anyway, another step done!