This morning I got a message from Jennifer telling me that the weblog was extremely slow. Thank you for informing me Jennifer.
And yes, the site was indeed responding very slowly.
Some investigation showed that this may have been caused by the PHP version (PHP is the computer language that is mainly used for WordPress). The site was using version 7.1, while the newest version is 7.3.
Upgrading to this new version seems to have solved the issue. Please let me know when things are working as normal again.
Jennifer also pointed out to me that the contact form on the site was still not available again.
I disabled this after it was used for a spam-attack on the site. I will have a look at it again and see if I can improve the protection of that form or if there is a better solution around. But this will be after the holiday to Sweden.